Please read the terms of service.
House Service Policies
“House Service” App, founded, owned and managed by House Service App LTD in the UK, is a “platform” that connects freelancers who provide household services to households and small businesses that are looking to hire skilled people, also called “service provider” or “freelancer.”
“Service” in this document means the task, chore or job that the service provider or freelancer is offering to perform and complete.
“Hirer” is the individual, household or small business that “orders” a service from the service provider and completes the payment online.
“Payment” is the online transfer of money that the hirer makes to the “House Service” App with the intention to purchase a service. These funds are stored until confirmation that the service has been delivered, after which the funds are then transferred into the service provider’s account.
“We” and “our” refers the team behind “House Service” App and House Service App LTD, UK.
“User” refers to every individual, either a service provider or a hirer who registers on the “House Service” App.
Terms of Service
“House Service” App regularly scouts the platform to ensure that users adhere to the following terms and conditions of service.
- To use the App you must be 18 years old or over and be a fully capacitous adult by law in the country in which you reside.
- By offering your services on this platform, you confirm that you are legally permitted to work in the country that you work in.
- By signing up on this platform you confirm that you consider yourself confident, sufficiently experienced, adequately trained and appropriately qualified to offer your particular services.
- Users have a responsibility to ensure that their telephone batteries are sufficiently charged when a service is due, so that both parties can mark the order as “completed” before the “freelancer” departs from the hirer’s premises.
- “Freelancers” or “service providers” represent themselves and their small enterprises on the App and must therefore deliver the advertised services themselves. They may, in agreement with the Hirer, source additional professional personnel to help deliver the service requested. However, the freelancer or service provider would be entirely responsible for the actions of their own additional personnel, both financially and in terms of damages.
- Where necessary a valid DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) clearance, or equivalent in other countries, may be required to work with vulnerable groups. It is the responsibility of the hirer to screen freelancers or service providers and check the necessary documentation and registrations.
- Where appropriate or necessary, suitable insurance cover or medical cover may be required, but this is entirely at the discretion of the service provider and dependent on the needs of the hirer.
- “House Service” App and House Service App LTD, UK hold no accountability for the quality of the services, health & safety aspects of the services, insurance requirements, the service provider’s stated experiences and qualifications and impact of the services on the hirers and their property.
- “House Service” App is an online platform that is to be used as a marketplace and neither “House Service” App nor House Service App LTD, UK, holds any responsibility in what goes on outside of the App.
- Users can make arrangements/ bookings for services up to 6 months in advance.
- Freelancers must respect the possessions, assets and environment of the hirer, respect any animals or pets in its vicinity and avoid making excessive noise, damaging and littering the surroundings.
- Hirers must respect the safety, equipment and protocols of freelancers.
- Users found to misrepresent themselves or their services risk having their profiles permanently deleted.
- This platform prohibits all activities that are not compliant with the law and reserves all rights to remove or take legal action against users who do not abide by the law.
- “House Service” App does NOT allow cash in hands jobs because 1. It offers less protection to the service providers 2. Allows tax evasion 3. It is not the model that we use to market our platform 4. “House Service” App’s charges include a service fee to help keep the App running. Anybody found to circumvent “House Service” App’s online integrated payment system, risks having their profile deleted without prior notice or possibility to appeal.
- Service providers must only provide the specified service on the agreed date for the agreed duration starting at an agreed time. Service providers may be penalised if they do not adhere to these terms. Service providers must not feel pressured to work outside of these agreed terms.
- In the event a user witnesses or becomes a victim of criminal offences, the must follow the usual routes of reporting a crime to the Police.
- Hirers must be sure that they are satisfied with the service delivery as ‘completing’ the order is irreversible. Once the order has been marked as ‘completed,’ it can no longer be disputed or challenged in any way on the House Service App platform. An attempt to do so can have serious consequences, including but not limited to, deletion of the user’s profile.
- Freelancers must make every effort to complete the service within the specified time period. If from the outset, the agreed and estimated time booked and maximum budget seems unrealistic, we advise users to re-negotiate the service prior to commencing delivery.
- Users of “House Service” App shall abide by the laws of the country in which the service is delivered to.
- You may terminate your account and this Agreement at any time for any reason given that you do not have any outstanding orders. “House Service” App LTD may terminate your account and this agreement at any time for any reason.
- Users cannot change their email address once registered on the “House Service” App. If a user wishes to change their email address or no longer has access to the registered email address and wishes to continue to use the App, the user must create a new account with a new email address. This means that user will lose their old account and any feedback and ranking gained through that will also be lost.
- “House Service” App makes use of your up to date geolocation to connect you to other service hirers and/or providers near you.
- This Agreement is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom. Whilst on the App, you and House Service App LTD, UK submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the United Kingdom.
- The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and if any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision may be removed and the remaining provisions will be enforceable.
- This Agreement may be assigned or novated by “House Service” App and House Service App LTD to a third party without your consent. In the event of an assignment or novation the user will remain bound by this Agreement.
- This Agreement sets out the entire understanding and agreement between the User and House Service App LTD, UK with respect to its subject matter.
- Good and clear verbal written English must be used at all times.
- Users must NOT share with anyone else and for any reason, the addresses, contact details or any other personal or secure data they obtain through the House Service App for the purpose of completing the requested orders.
- We prohibit the use of foul language, name-calling, antisocial or inappropriate behaviour, nudity, sale or promotion of any services of sexual nature and sale or promotion of illicit drug use.
- We prohibit discrimination against disability, age, health status, colour, race, ethnic background, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status, social status, education, nationality and any other form of discrimination.
- We advise that at all times, transparency is maintained both in communication and service provision, between the service provider and the hirer.
- All users must remain respectful, courteous and friendly on and off this platform as they trade their services.
- No user of the platform should act as a representative of the “House Service” App or House Service App LTD, UK, if they are not directly employed by us.
- Any flagged-up behaviour will be further investigated by the “House Service” App team.
- “House Service” App team reserves the right to delete the profiles of users who promote or participate in cyberbullying or who put others at risk of physical, emotional or psychological harm, libel or harm to the reputation of the “House Service” App.
- We encourage that users of the “House Service” App resolve conflicts in a calm and respectful manner with appropriate escalation to the Team if deemed absolutely necessary.
- For safety reasons, we advise all users of the platform to confirm the identity of the individual(s) you are meeting in person.
- It is prohibited to use and/or share inappropriate images.
- It is prohibited to harass other users on the app or to discuss anything that is not related to the relevant service.
- Failure to follow our code of conduct or terms of service could result in being permanently banned from using the “House Service” App and possibly further legal/ criminal action.
- “House Service” App charges 12.5% service fee in addition to the service cost. This 12.5% service charge excludes the service charge and payment processing fees charged by the integrated payment merchants. The percentage of service cost charged by “House Service” App may be reviewed and amended when necessary.
- “House Service” App makes use of in-App payments to protect hirers and ensure that service providers get paid for the services they deliver. These funds are held in a “stripe” merchant account prior to safe transfer to the service provider (usually within 7 days, but this duration is not guaranteed).
- Our merchant account keeps all payments made until both parties, the hirer and the service provider confirm completion of the service by clicking the ‘complete’ button under ‘active orders.’ The payment can then be processed and transferred into the service provider’s bank account.
- The service provider must ensure that valid bank account details are registered with the ‘House Service’ App, so that they can receive any funds that are due to be transferred to them. Failure to register bank details will result in no funds being transferred to the service provider. ‘House Service’ App has the right to keep these payments made to them.
- ‘House Service’ App takes no responsibility in case the service provider registers inaccurate bank details resulting in the funds being transferred to a different bank account holder.
- We strongly advise that prior to booking a service, hirers should contact freelancers in the ‘chat’ to agree on the arrangements.
- Users may cancel the service order anytime and for whatever reason before the delivery due date and time. The money will usually be refunded in full (excluding the processing fees for any integrated payment merchants and “House Service” App itself) to the hirer as soon as is possible (usually within 7 days, although this is not a guarantee). However, the number of cancelled orders will be on your profile and visible to other users.
- Orders disputed after the order due date and start time may only be cancelled at the discretion of “House Service App” admin team. Our decision will be based on the evidence available to us at the time the dispute is opened and cannot be appealed to the “House Service” App team or any other organisation. Any other disputes must be resolved off the App, without any further involvement from “House Service App ltd”.
- Any service orders that are not marked as “completed” or “cancelled” within 14 days of the delivery due date, will be cancelled automatically.
- Once an order is marked as completed, it can no longer be cancelled or disputed and no refunds can be requested. Once an order is marked as “completed,” payments made by the hirer will be successfully transferred to the freelancer” and no refund can be claimed.
- When the service provider delivers the service, it is their responsibility to ensure that the hirer confirms the delivery of the order on the ‘House Service’ App within 14 days (fourteen days) by pressing the “complete” button in the “active orders” list.
- Any payments made on the “House Service” App for advertising and marketing purposes by individuals or organisations, is not refundable under any circumstances and regardless of the outcome of the campaign paid for.
Last Updated on October 10th, 2021.